COVID – 19 UPDATE
Officers from the Adult Club, Underage, Camogie and Ladies Football met to put a plan in place to deal with the current serious health issues being created by the Corona Virus. Dr Fiona O Reilly also attended and provided us with some medical guidance.
Please see below on what was agreed to be implemented and practiced :
Clonakilty GAA Club – Preventative action – COVID – 19
Officers from Clonakilty Gaa Club, Camogie, Ladies Football and Underage Clubs met to consider the implications of the Corona Virus (COVID-!9) and in the interest of the Health & Well-Being of our members and visitors have decided to implement the following with immediate effect:
- Discos – the disco planned for Friday 13th March will be deferred (potentially to May). All tickets for the event on Friday will be valid for the rescheduled event or alternatively the money can be refunded. We regret having to take this action however on medical advice we have decided that having a large number of young people at an enclosed event would be unwise in the extreme. We fully understand the disappointment that this decision will cause however the welfare of those attending is our top priority.
- Water Bottles – the practice of sharing of water bottles at training and matches will cease and we ask all players to bring their own bottles.
- Hand Shaking – We as that shaking hands with referees and / or players on the opposition team will no longer take place.
- If you are feeling unwell – stay away from the club as the potential for cross infection is huge
- If a member of your family is feeling unwell – stay away from the Club until the Corona Virus has been ruled out a the possible cause of the illness.
- Collecting Money at Matches – if you are engaged in collecting the entrance fees at matches please wear disposable gloves.
Thanking you in anticipation of your cooperation